Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Balancing act

I'm having one of those work/life balance dilemma's


I'm wondering how much I should give up career wise to get my family to where they need to be? There is another job going near where we want to move to but it would be a crap job. Bottom of the rung and I hate to say coz it makes me sound up myself but... very beneath me! BUT if it gets me in there and my family to where we want to go then shouldn't I bite the bullet and just suck it up? But I've worked hard to get where I am and do I really want to take another backwards step? To be honest it feels a bit of an insult and a slap in the face to have to apply for a band 3 position when I am qualified with really great experience. But then maybe I need to get in there so they can see all these things about me? I could hold out for something better, but what if something better dosen't come along?


What to do? What to do?

I mean... I'm not even a frickin' Libran!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm i totally understand ur situation bcoz i not only bit the bullet in taking a band 3 job after all these years of working my way up ladders but im also finding myself stuck with the bullet wedged in my throat. having said that though, this new start has introduced me to so many new and great people and things and could very well be the start of something wonderful for me...who knows...i bet itd be so much harder if i had a family to consider too though. i think people would quickly recognize your talents and potential no matter where you went xMM

wen said...

And what did you decide?
I took a step back as well, since the UK paperwork isn't accepted here i can;t work as a nursery teacher. I still have to do some (very) low level courses to get that sorted. i said yes to that, since it will get me a foot in the company i want to work for and the work i like to do; if it means i have to take a step back well so be it. They already know my potencial but just the stupid paperwork.... but to be honest it is nice to have a simpler job for a while just to catch my breath again since the library job was way way too much hastle (and not enough pay for that trouble). Whatever you decide follow your heart ... xxx