Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thing haven't been great of late. I'm working in a role which is way above my comfort zone. Its a good role and I thought I was ready for it, and i probably am if that is all I had to consider... but of course there is so much more to my life and things never run to plan... I mean who could have predicted the number of resignations we've had in the last few months, and how much extra pressure that puts on me, both because of the job I'm in and the kind of person I am. Ive been laying awake at night thinking about all the things i think i need to be doing... what i need to be doing is looking after myself and my kids... i miss them!!! I can't remember when I had this much stress job-wise going on, I've been pretty lucky in that respect for the past couple of years. All I can say is it is one hell of a learning experience!

2 comments:

Hawm said...

Take comfort in the fact that they aren't leaving because of you. We all love you :)

wen said...

so sorry to hear that Alli, wish i was there to give you a big hug ! Been there too with the library, and it just feels so wrong since you feel you have your priorities mubbled up but you also want to do a good job, terrible. but the bright side is that it's not for ever and you'll learn a lot from it (e.g. what you don't want!) and it'll look nice on ur cv and hopefully get you sorted soon to get home (: lots of love from all of us xxxxxxxxx