Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sex meets Tales... of the City that is!

I just finished reading Candice Bushnell's One Fifth Ave and have to say...
it was OK!!

I am a not so closeted Sex and the City fan, and I did enjoy her S+TC book that started it all, but the rest of her books have left me disappointed, so I didn't have high expectations of this one.

I really enjoyed the inter-woven stories of the residences of the building, but then I realised why I was enjoying it so much, it reminded me of one
of my favourite series of books the Tales of the City series by Armstead Maupin. But instead of the sweet, lovable characters living in 70's San Francisco of Tales, One's residences are money hungry, self obsessed, status chasing, lets face it, horrible people... But it works somehow! But it's not bad for a light trashy read! It's still no Tales of the City though!

1 comment:

wen said...

hi, it also sounds a lot like the 4 Scotland Street novels by Alexander McCallSmith.... xxwen