Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Arrrr me hearties....


Here's an article on how Librarians are the "worst sort of Pirates" as their book lending practices are costing the publishing industry $1 Trillion!

And speaking of Pirates and Here's a blog called Confessions of a Book Pirate.

Oh and when I was trying to find that one again, I came across this one called The.effing.librarian who also wants to become a pirate librarian.

I love pirates... the old AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH/Pieces of Eights/Jolly Roger kind of Pirates I mean.

I got really excited one day when working in the big-corporate-treat-your-staff-like-crap bookstore because this lady came in doing research on female pirates. Female Pirates!!! How Ace!! (actually there were a couple of famous female pirates including Mary Read and Anne Bonny) A few months later the same lady came in for an interview and when asked to describe a time that she received excellent customer service relayed the story of me and the female pirates. Hooray!


P.S. don't forget International talk like a pirate day is September 19th every year!

2 comments:

wen said...

you could be a pirate (librarian), why not?

Anonymous said...

Oh that pic is awesome, I have to send it to Nat, he's crazy for pirates, I'm sure he'll dig a sexy lady one!