Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Book 2.0

I finished my first zine, only 12 years after I first planned to do one! (I was going through some old journals the other day and found the plans for it!) I'm going to send it out next week to various friends and new contacts I've made... oh and I've already started on my next one too!



I've loved having a little creative project to work on, and I like seeing my writing in something more tangible (I really don't enjoy reading on the computer screen and find I tend to only scan over things that arn't in physical form.)

But I'm already feeling all insecure about it! I'll probably get criticised for calling another woman that I don't even know a Bitch. Forgive me for that... I should have said Bitchy Attitude!

I also wonder if it's going to be seen as too light and fluffy (Isn't that the whole point... that it can be whatever you want it to be?) I think I've just been reading too much theoretical, academic stuff about zines that makes me think that to produce a zine you have to be a Vegan/Queer/Trans/Radical/Political activist.


So who would want to read a zine made by someone with 2.5 kids, a respectable job and a house in the suburbs? I guess we'll find out!!

5 comments:

Hawm said...

When should I expect my copy?

Anonymous said...

yaysers! congrats hrl! huge accomplishment. U should be PROUD not insecure. cant wait to see/read it xMM

Hawm said...

I likes it. Very cool :)

Julie Mac said...

Can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

i know uve seen me tiptoe in here quietly and not leave a comment and thats because i hadnt yet read my lil pressie (4 days off). but i finally got it last night and read it as soon as i got home (and have a silver sparkly print on my arm to prove it). i love it! i enjoyed it thoroughly in both content and style. also loved that it already came with a call number and isbn lol very cute. well done hrl! whens the next one out? xMM