Friday, December 30, 2011

Satans Claws...

I don't know how many times as a parent I have had to eat my pre-procreation-smug-filled words, but here we go again...
Anyone who knows me would have heard my Santa Rants... I mean, the guy is creepy "come sit on my lap little girl and tell me what you want", "It's lying to your'e children" "He makes the poor kids think they've been bad" blah blah blah...
So how come Christmas eve I find myself not only eating my words but half a carrot at the front door and scoffing down the milk and cookies left out for the fat man (well I should get SOMETHING out of it) and getting all swept away with it the next morning? and how can my heart not melt when Little Miss tells me that of her whole Christmas/Birthday three day extravaganza getting up to see that Santa had been and "I didn't even hear him..."
I love being a cynical bitch, but I forgot how much innocence can be too!

1 comment:

wen said...

sometimes it's good to remember how much you liked the xmas season, the waiting and then the load of gifts! of course it's commercial and all those things but it's magical for the little ones if you play it right. we left whiskey and a mince pie our for santa, which he ate all and in his hurry he forgot to close the stove's door and some presents were scattered around it (didnt make it under the tree). little one loved it, and was pretty sure she heart rudolph on the roof that night (: great things, but glad it's back to normal again, she was so hyped up that she hardly slept. I blame SInterklaas (ha ha never liked him anyway, but hey its celebrated here so u can not not do it)