Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Societies conventions...

I am watching with some amusement the amount of people enquiring as to where my House Husband is working or what he is 'doing' now he has moved. I am yet to have anyone ask me, which is a bummer in itself because I am pretty goddamn proud of the job I've managed to get myself. People just don't seem to get that I am working and supporting the family and he is staying home, cooking, cleaning, getting the kids sorted etc. etc. One (quite old fashioned I will point out) mother of an old school friend even asked him "oh but you are looking arn't you?", she just couldn't fathom it. I bet he's even getting a few Synonyms of "Lazy" or "Useless" behind his back, yet no one would question if it were me staying at home eating bonbons on the couch in front of Days of our lives. It would be all these same people (if there are any, and yes I do have a few in mind) who are blubbering in there old age about not having spent enough time with their kids when they were little... Blah Blah Rant Rant...

No comments: