Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Picking up the sticks...

AKA: K is for Knitting!

My latest hobby only started last year when I bought myself a $5 book on knitting from The Warehouse and taught myself to knit. I haven't been doing much of late but picked up the sticks again today... actually it was Vicroads fault for having such a long wait and being right next door to Spotlight! But I had been meaning to get back into it, and of course, have started my most ambitious project to date (in fact all Ive really made so far have been bracelets and a rather wonky bag.)

It's called the Go-everywhere-go-with-everything cardigan which you can see the lovely Debbie Stoller, Editor of BUST magazine wearing on the cover of the bible (AKA: Stitch 'N 'bitch, Pg 96 for the pattern.)



I have heard that knitting can be quite a relaxing pursuit, well we'll see... (as the knitting needles fly across the room!) I'm also not very good at following directions so don't expect too much of me!

1 comment:

wen said...

how the knitting going? i don't have the patience for it... but can spend hours sewing with tread and needle ... find that comforting well for the most part, not when the wee monkey is standing waiting for (another) button to be sewn on