Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sick Day

I was sick the other day, I don't do sick very well, I get miserable and am not very nice to be around!

But here are two things about that day that cheered me up quite dramatically!

Funny story about Not Quite Hollywood. I requested this one at the library for its social, educational and cultural value. (Oh and by the way it also fits very well within our collection development criteria) Apparently the day it arrived there was much discussion amongst the resource services team because of the image of a naked woman on the back. Now, this image was inside the inserty bit of the cover, but the image was deemed inappropriate (though no discussion actually took place with any library coordinators who I am picturing sitting in their offices sniggering at the absurdity of this discussion!) Our Libraries copy of Not Quite Hollywood now has a lovely, very noticeable cut out bit in the cover! And here I was thinking that libraries were not into censorship!!!

Kat Von D's book is great, I devoured it in two days. Lots of glorious pictures and background story... she seems a bit up herself, but I don't care, I still think she's a bit of alright! (I think the yearbook tattoo part of her leg is pretty gross but... oh well, there is always laser removal!)

1 comment:

wen said...

and where is the cut-out image? framed at their home ???