Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You can't phase me... for I have worked in retail!

I have been meaning to tell the story of one of my weirder requests at the library recently. One of the serial pests was in... you know the type... where you see them walk in and you just know its gonna be a long shift!

Anyways, the conversation went something like this;

Her: "Um, I couldn't get my footy tips to go through on the Internet coz it's on my work intranet so can I use your phone to ring my work to call them through"

Me: "No, but there is a payphone less than a block away"

Her: "Yeah but it's raining and I have to call them in today"

Me: "No, piss off"*

Her: "Well you need to sort out your policy because some people let you use the phone and some don't"

Me: "#$%@ off crazy bitch"**

Come on lady, there is no need to get all agro and weird on me, considering you are constantly on your mobile when your in the library, come see me when you've got real problems... Oh yeah, you do coz you do all your kids homework for him which isn't helping him at all... and you've got a nasty attitude and... and... um yeah!

Can you tell I'm feeling grumpy today!

* Not actually what I said but what I wanted to say.

** Also not what I said.

For the ultimate in crazy retail horror stories check out my friend
Neonfaerie's Blog. She always seems to have weird things happen to her including having a book thrown at her... twice.

1 comment:

wen said...

hi got another one for u:
me "sir we closing in 5 minutes"
anoying him " soo soon?, time goes so fast here. Maybe you should stay open longer"
me "we close at five sir, but open at 2 ; so maybe if u come in earlier you have more time" (get hammer and hit him on the head, then get good-kicking-boots on and kick him thru the door)**

** actually that last bit only happened in my head, unfortunately. Yu should just be able to kick certain people, just to make a point....