Friday, June 5, 2009

Q Balls...


I had a little bit of unexpected fun last night, I got a call from my lovely, puppet loving friend J at about 12.30 yesterday to see if I was free that night, as she had, through a hooked up friend of hers, tickets to Avenue Q. I'm flattered, but not surprised that she immediately thought of me (after all, when I worked at the Arts centre a few years back I took her to a Possum Magic stage show that was on for the school holidays, and we are such big kids that we didn't even bother borrowing any to go with us!)

She rang me back a couple of hours later all concerned when she found out it was the Australian premiere! We had quite a few B grade celebrity sightings; several neighbours "stars", Rove, Some judge guy from so you thing you can dance (apparently!), Natalie Bathingswaite, Someone who looked like a newsreader that may or may not have been Sandra Sully, several radio personalities (I think, it's hard to tell!) and Chris Lilley who was the only one that I was actually excited about!!!

I wasn't quite sure how I would like the show, with the puppeteers on stage but I actually really loved that part, it wasn't distracting at all and really showed the talent of the puppeteers, especially when they were playing multiple characters, both of which were sometimes on the stage at the same time. I'm still not sure about the human characters though, especially Gary Coleman, I didn't really get that and thought it would have been funnier to have a Gary Coleman Puppet.

Poor J though. She's no prude by any means, she just really loves puppets and hates it when they are made to do naughty things! I hope she wasn't too traumatised!!!!

No comments: