Sunday, August 16, 2009

All a bit too much...

Hi there,

Yup, it's been a while, my head feels like a big fuzzball lately and its hard to concentrate on anything much at all really. Besides, I don't want to fill my blog with one big whinge about sore backs, headaches, not being able to sleep, big tummies and weird legs!!!

I've been reading Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. It was recommended to me by my very spunky and intelligent friend A whose recommendations I take very seriously. It's taken me a while to get into it which should be no reflection on this book, instead on my state of current being (see above). It's a great book, just a little too much philosophy, art and Russian literature references for my poor pregnancy brain to cope with at the mo!
My friend A is pretty ace, and we met under those kind of weird circumstances that make you think there is a reason you are meant to be friends with this person.
It was when I was working at Camp Becket back in '01. I stayed on to work at the Family Camp after the main camp was finished. A was there with a couple of kids she knew whose parents had some sort of overseas thing come up but didn't want the kids to miss out on the family camp, so they employed A to act as a nanny type thing and take them... a little random... and poor A didn't really fit in anywhere and ended up hanging out with the staff while the kids were occupied. We hit it off immediately and bonded over music, books, feminism etc. etc. Caught up when I visited Boston... then when I visited Boston again, and again... She's a bit of a good sort!!!

No comments: