Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Robots in disc eyes....

I'm sorry to have another rant, but really, I don't get a lot of time to watch movies these days so it really pisses me off when I do and it turns out to be a waste of two hours of my life which could have been better spent sleeping or eating!

Last night we watched the Transformers movie... I cant remember when I saw such a crap film... if I've seen a movie that crap recently I've obviously blocked it out because it was god damn shite... Not even a good camp 80's reference to save it! In fact it's making me angry just thinking about how shite it was... think I better sit down with some chamomile tea and relax for a bit...

Now as you know, I also took myself off to the movies on Friday by myself with the idea of having a choc top and a good sob. I went and saw My Sister's Keeper, which I would have probably said was a nice piece of sappy-ness despite the time waste-y floaty kind of bits, If I hadn't recently read the book and been pleasantly surprised. But whats with the leaving out of characters, creating new ones, leaving out important plot lines and worst of all... changing the ending which gets rid of the twist at the end which ms. Picoult is (apparently) known for! GGGGrrrrrrrrr. Still had a great cry though... I sobbed like only an overly hormonal pregnant woman can!!!

Now I'm getting a little worried, I just finished Mao's Last Dancer (as in the book) and kind of really loved it but am a bit scared of what they are going to do to that in movie form (coming soon the posters tell me...) but also a bit curious...

I did like Coco Avant Chanel though... go see that one!

And I did get to see a trailer for Where the wild things are which made me very excited!

1 comment:

wen said...

hi you, totally relate to that! luckily we get the dvd's quickly in the library and can borrow them for free.... hardly go to the movies now, with work/little one/ etc
hope u'r doing well
xxxx
p.s.was looking for a how-to-make ur own doorstop and came accross this nice blog site:

http://clairesmakeanddo.blogspot.com/