Monday, August 10, 2009

Revelations...

I realised something on the weekend. You know how when your a kid and your parents lock you in your room and you think "this is a stupid punishment, all the best stuff is in here." I realise now you weren't locked in your room so much as punishment, but because your parents were at the end of your tether and about to kill you and needed you out of their sight for a while!!!

It's like other revelations you have from childhood. Like when I realised why I always got the bronze medal in ballet. (coz one girls mum always played the piano for the concert and the other's mum did all the organization of it! Politics!!) or like that time when I took my smurf soft toy to mum and asked her to wash him for me and he came back sooooo clean, then years later I found out she had just gone and bought a new one!

Does this happen to everyone or was it just me who was really gullible as a kid?

1 comment:

wen said...

noooo i think we all can relate; it's something they call the magic of childhood.