Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Anouk's Crazy Mixed-up Christmas Stocking!!!

I decided that Little Miss needed a Christmas Stocking for impending arrival of afore mentioned Mr Scary-claws... Look I know it's lying to your kids and he makes all the poor kids think they've been bad, but at the same time I have to be careful not to project my irrational fears onto small children!!!

Anyways... I started knitting this yesterday, I looked at a few sock/Xmas stocking patterns that all involved knitting in the round which I have tried and didn't like (or maybe I just bought too long a thingi) or using double-pointed needles which I haven't tried... so obviously anything new = scary!!!

So I'm making it up as I go along with a kind-of picture in my head of what it should end up like... sort of... maybe.

Plus its a way to use some of those 1/2 balls of wool left over from other stuff/impulse yarn buys. Well now I've put it in writing I have to do it! And I've got a deadline on this one so I'd better get onto it!!

1 comment:

wen said...

hey how are you getting on?
we did the lazy thing, Madam got to pick one in the store last year... no time anyways