Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Deflated....

I got turned down for another job yesterday. Another one that would have got us closer to our goal of moving back to the country. One that I thought I was perfect for. Feeling quite deflated and finding that it's so much harder than I thought to break back into work with two small children. Maybe C is right that there is a bit of an inherent, subconscious discrimination against women with small children? Or maybe that my confidence is not what it used to be? Or maybe, as everyone keeps saying and I keep trying to tell myself this was not the job for me and something better will come along, blah blah blah...

I thought I'd got past the point in my life where I needed to fight to be taken seriously!

3 comments:

Hawm said...

Bastards. Unfortunately we never seem to be able to move beyond that need to fight, all that changes are the people we fight with.

Have you put in your EOI for the backfill roles yet?

wen said...

hi you,
ooh i do feel for you! I know what you mean, we are discriminated against by (fe)male cave dwellers, apparantly after you have kids you are doomed to spend your life running around changing nappies. I do hope that there are some normal people around who actually realise it takes a lot more than that to keep everything going and that mums have lots of extra qualities they could use. I hpe you find a great job soon (: (and me too)
ok really need to start cooking now xx

Anonymous said...

im sorry ur feeling deflated. i also got turned down for a job that i also thought would be the solution to all my problems. but hey shit happens and life goes on. keep trying xMM