Sunday, March 20, 2011

Taking notes...?

Last night I went out... properly out with like drinks and dancing and going to clubs with a cover charge and staying out past the pumpkin hour! Crazy I know!! It was celebrating my equal best Friend C's birthday and we had a hotel room to retire to and all... But like the typical librarian I am, I found the need to take notes on the evening in order to share it with all of you, Here's what I woke up to on my phone this morning which I will then attempt to translate...


Ironic dancing, hair styler straightenerin toilet that was weird, khocolate bar melbournes home r & b old scool beats, high heels, don't move feet $12 entry, what was that club in st kilda retro club???? Can't talk, 10, maybe 15 years ago, since I was a student. Dj wants to be a radio anoucer what the fuck is thatanoucinh the song over the track, since when do they do that though the club we went to in my student days seemed to just play the same mixed tape every night, grease megamix followed by Lenny are you gonna go my way! And that friggin sirraid siren what's that all about?oh and then some people in dress ups came in...um they just played ice Ice baby didn't I request that once at a blue light disco?friggin hens nights don't ever let me get married.twister. Then we got taken to another club with the promise of 80's music and $5 to get in and all I got was pointer sisters being very excited then they played all the same songs as the other place except ice icebaby which would have redeemed the situation, rockin the cazbar nowok gotta sit down now too old for this shit, there's Billy Jean again...oh yeah that's what I was going to say, club that looks all plush in the dark but you know would be all sad inThe lightwhats going on I don't smokebut it smelled so good what's with that?policeman just came to talk to me do I look that pathetic? remindsne of that time the bartender told me the bouncer said to keep an eye on me because they thought I was out of it when I wadjust tiredthen they played Mel n Kim respectable and got me up again tren yazz then when salt n proa came on all was forgiven Sent from my iPhone

Ironic dancing (Two of C's friends were masters of the ironic dance which I am most appreciative of... cant stand those who take themselves too seriously)

hair styler straightenerin toilet that was weird, (See picture below, in the ladies toilet there was a hair straightener that you could put $2 into to use... weirdest part about it is that nobody else battered an eyelid at this!)
khocolate bar melbournes home r & b old scool (school) beats (Club we went to),
high heels, don't move feet(I was amazed at the height if some of the heels on the ladies, I am a flatty girl myself, 'cept for my cowboy boots with their cuban style heel, oh and my fake maribou slippers, anyways I'm always amazed at how the ladies walk on these instruments of torture let alone dance. What I observed is that you just don't move your feet but confine your dance moves to your upper body)
$12 entry,(we were all a little horrified, but it's been a long time so I just figure that's what you pay these days, others in the group were not so gracious and just left... a little rude me thinks when your out with a group)
what was that club in st kilda retro club???? (I was thinking back to my 'clubbing' days, I say 'clubbing' the most broadest sense of the word as we used to go to some of the daggiest places possible)
Can't talk, (not literally, i think this was refering to the bagging out of the said club that I was doing in my head, then thinking of the places we used to frequent - see last explanation)
10, maybe 15 years ago, since I was a student. (was thinking of how long it had been since I'd been out like this)
Dj wants to be a radio anoucer what the fuck is thatanoucinh (announcing) the song over the track, since when do they do that (the DJ was sooooo irritating announcing the tracks and stuff)
though the club we went to in my student days seemed to just play the same mixed tape every night, grease megamix followed by Lenny are you gonna go my way! (this is true... same songs in the same order, every time we went. The only ones I remember though are the Grease Megamix was always followed by Lenny Kravitz 'Are you gonna go my way' which made me happy, oh and they always played this really dirty version of that 'Wiggle Wiggle' song)
And that friggin sirraid (air raid) siren what's that all about?oh and then some people in dress ups came in...um they just played ice Ice baby didn't I request that once at a blue light disco?friggin hens nights don't ever let me get married. (Is all of this self explanatory?)
twister. (That was the name of that 80's 'club' we used to go to in St Kilda ALL the time that I couldnt remember the name of)
Then we got taken to another club (Chaise Lounge) with the promise of 80's music and $5 to get in and all I got was pointer sisters being very excited then they played all the same songs as the other place except ice icebaby which would have redeemed the situation, rockin the cazbar nowok gotta sit down now too old for this shit, there's Billy Jean again...oh yeah that's what I was going to say, club that looks all plush in the dark but you know would be all sad inThe lightwhats going on I don't smokebut it smelled so good what's with that?(walking to the next bar I had 1/2 a cigarette, I don't smoke and I hate smoking but it just smelled so good that I don't know what came over me!)
policeman just came to talk to me do I look that pathetic? (Some police came into the bar while I was sitting on one of the couches on my own having a bit of a rest, just came up to me and asked how my night was and who I was here with, probably just looking out for girls who were on their own)
remindsne (reminds me) of that time the bartender told me the bouncer said to keep an eye on me because they thought I was out of it when I wadjust tired (This one time I was just exhaustedly tired and layed on the chair to have a little power nap, the bouncer must have thought I was really out of it and told the bartender to get me out of there, I wasn't, I was just tired and he knew I was no trouble, just old me maybe not to lay down as the bouncers were watching me. You think back to your student/going out days and think; 'If I was that tired why the hell was I out at a bar???')
then they played Mel n Kim respectable and got me up again tren (then) yazz (The only way is up!)then when salt n proa (Pepa - Push it, one of my favourite songs of all time)
came on all was forgiven
Sent from my iPhone (Emailed to myself as I figured these really profound thoughts and observations should never be forgotten...)



No comments: