Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rollin'...


I finally made it to my first VRDL Bout last night and I have to say... I am in love!


Next weekend when the boy is gone and the girls are out of my hair I'm gonna strap on the skates for the first time in about 7 years (apart from that one spin around the kitchen!) and see if I've still got what it would take!!!


I love the fact that there was such a huge range of female forms on display, and that it's all about the talent and having a ball! I love the DIY aspect of it, I love that these girls are celebrated for being tough, sexy and athletic.


Oh Yeah... I just remembered the story of my first time on Roller Skates. My (four years older than me) brother got a pair of those adjustable skates you put over your shoes, I asked to have a go but my mum said I was too little... so after my brother got bored with struggling with it, I nicked the skates and took them over to my dad to adjust for me, apparently mum looked out the window and I was up skating straight away!

No comments: