Sunday, November 30, 2008

This week I have been reading...

Dear Fatty by Dawn French

I am loving this one, it reminds me a lot of the Lucy family alphabet and I was actually thinking it could be a good book club topic to compare the two. A different way to construct a memoir, this time using letters to significant people in her life. Both women obviously are using comedy to cover a lot of pain in their lives. There is only a couple of annoying bits, but all in all, its a very honest and enjoyable book.


Also...

I recently read Further adventures of a London Call girl by Belle De Jour. Crap, Bollocks, Poo. Complete false advertising!! She's not even a goddamn call girl anymore, what a waste of my time! I am not really interested in reading about her sitting on some foreign beach while her boyfriend is shagging around on her back home!! Dump him and get back to the business woman! (If you really are a woman that is... see previous post on this topic!)


And...

Life with my sister Madonna by Christopher Ciccone. Not quite the trashy read I was after, I thought it was going to be full of bitchy gossip and tell all expose, instead it was kind of sad. Chris obviously loves his sister but her personality is just so strong that even as they grow apart and he apparently wants to come out of her shadow, he goes and writes a book about her! Strange! Entertaining though, just dont expect this book to change the world!

No comments: