Saturday, March 20, 2010

well I made my own Play Doh...

I bloody hate those superior type Mummies with their "he/she's very advanced" or their "I never give him/her anything that's not organic" or "you have to stick to this routine" or "if you don't do this this and this while this music is playing your child will be a moron!" blah blah blah... making me feel guilty for daring to live in the real world!

Well I've done one of those superior mummy things now... now I get to say "well we made our own Play Doh..." and I can make the next mummy feel guilty!

2 cups bi-carb soda
1 cup cornflour
1 cup water
1 tbsp veg oil
A bit of food colouring

Put it all in a saucepan and stir over low heat for about 15 mins or until it looks right.
put mix on a plate with a wet towel over the top (I forgot about the wet towel bit!) and cool for about an hour.
Sprinkle with cornflour and kneed till it feels right.

By the way it was a bit of a pain in the arse to make and I think the bought stuff is still better!!!

1 comment:

wen said...

Nice idea though, we made them in the nursery. Had to throw them out at the end of the day (mouldy) and watch the food colouring; added a bit too much once and spend most of the afternoon cleaning wee hands (they still went home with red coloured hands, but at least it was near xmas)
no i go for lazy mum option: buy the playdough.... little madam baked some cookies though on Sunday ( with a bit of help of course)