Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Favourite and least favourite book of the week...

My favourite book this week (I've read two so its not hard to choose!) was Kelly Doust's A Life in Frocks. I liked it so much I've gone and bought two copies fo friends for presents! I like an author is prepared to admit her flaws and faux pars (I related to her experience of 'out of uniform' days at school and how she got them SO wrong!) and though I'm not sure about her taste all the time (she was going on and on about Sass and Bides Futuregrande Collection, which I had to then look up because im such a fasion ignoramous. I gotta say i thought it was hideous!) But then again im still wearing the same stuff I wore 10 years ago, which I prefer to think means I'm about 5-10 years ahead of my time in terms of fashion trend cycles! I like people who are obsessed about something and not embarassed to admit it! And given that, other than the said Sass & Bide, she creats her own style and loves a good op shop trawl! (see previous entry!)




The other book I read this week was Things Bogans Like, much like its redneck American cousin Stuff White People Like whose only purpose in life seem to be to make me feel embarrased by liking anything slightly mainsteam and not being all impressed by stuff thats so arty and wanky that my bogan white brain simply couldnt comprehend. Look I know the whole things terribly tongue in cheek and the (anonomous) authors are self confessed snobs... But if there's one thing I hate more than Bogans it's Wankers who think they are better than everyone else... You know the type... people who make comments like "I prefer Ebooks beacuse I read so fast that I find turning pages slows me down too much"... Yes this is a real comment from someone I don't like being around because they make me feel like such a Bogan!



One thing I did feel about both these books, they could have done with being about 20 (frocks) to 50 (bogans) pages shorter as they tend to get a bit repetitive towards the end...

I said they tend to get a bit repetitive towards the end...

No comments: