Friday, February 4, 2011

Good Finds...

Op Shop crawls can go either way. There are many factors that can make or break a successful Op Shopping experience;

You've got to pick you area - I am lucky enough to live in a skanky industrial suburb... I have 3 Op Shops in close proximity, all in the Industrial area away from main roads which = not overly picked over and Huge!

You've got to be in the right mood - The mood for hunting through Racks and Racks, in other words - Patience... Something I do not always possess!

You've got to have the time to browse and be unencumbered by pesky hangers on like Kids/Boyfriends.

You've got to be picky and have a few people of different sizes that like the same stuff as you, either that, or know whats good to take a risk on selling on Ebay.

The planets were aligned the other day and I managed to find a few worthwhile bargains, Here's some of the choice items I came upon;


This Hot Roller skating Tshirt in both Black and my fave, Purple! Score!!













This Cute Drag Racing Checkered Flag diner style shirt... Cept it's Size 6... I would need two of these joined together to have any chance of fitting it. This one is going straight to Ebay!










This one is an advertisement for TV1 but I can forgive that for the Cute SHAG style Pic.












Not Sure if this is Genuine Vintage or Reproduction Vintage, But the Tag looks old and I live a good Hawaiian Shirt!













This one comes under the "so ugly its fab" Heading... again too small but who can resist! There's always the dress up box!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so love the checkered shirt its trippy. i know what u mean about the need to go op shopping in a certain area which is why i hardly ever go to the op shops around where i live. theyre so overpriced its not funny. btw, my/your skirt is still my favouritest skirt ever!xMM

wen said...

WOW! good finds