Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mimi...


Let me introduce to you the wonder that is... Mimi Smartypants! The Blogger who inadvertently had her musings humbly published. I love Mimi, she writes about all sorts of random things (like me!) Mimi reminds me of my friend Nettie (at points in the book I had to check that Mimi wasn't Nettie's pseudonym)

I do have some problems with this book that are nothing to do with Mimi... For a start... who the hell chose that cover art? It's a reprint of the book and the first cover was nice and simple and a lot more of a representation of the book. This one is crap. Whats with the hot pink high heels, Mimi even makes the comment in the book that she never wears high heels, and she's a sort of semi goth and I cant imagine her wearing too much hot pink either!!! As someone who always judges a book by its cover, I am glad I already knew about this book before I saw it because I'm not sure I would have picked it up otherwise. Also whoever wrote the blurb on the back... I mean, did you actually bother to read the book?

Next I will really demonstrate my major Librarian dorkyness...

These are the Library of Congress Subject Heading attached to this book:

1. Married women--Fiction.

2. Female friendship--Fiction.

3. Women cat owners--Fiction.

4. Chicago (Ill.)--Fiction.

I guess the whole blogging diary thing is still catching on in the world of publishing but I wouldn't call it fiction, Of course I couldn't tell you where it fits in... Yeah I know, quick to criticise but without offering any practical solutions... but hey... this is my rant!

Now lets see here... Yes she does mention her husband, friends and occasionally her Cat... but none of these are the major focus of her writing. #4 is about the only accurate one here... and its still not bloody fiction OK!!!!
Here are some other girly books I have enjoyed of late...
Breaking the rules: confessions of a bad girl by Catherine Townsend
The private lives of Pippa Lee by Rebbecca Miller
A piece of cake by Cupcake Brown

1 comment:

wen said...

hi, since we're so busy at work; i'm re-ready one of my favorite chick-lits: the shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. Haven't been to the movie yet, don't know if i really want to.... love from a sunny holland