Friday, May 22, 2009

Eggplants!!!

I thought the veggie garden was pretty much dead and buried, I have totally neglected it since most of it died off during February's heatwave. I ripped up some of the Zucchini plants which had totally taken over the other day and look what I noticed the other day, my Eggplant plants must have finally been able to flourish!

This means I will have gotten to eat 2 Tomatoes, 1 Zucchini, a (small) handful of beans, 3 potatoes and hopefully now some Eggplants from my experimental Veggie garden.

I tell you what, it's all gonna happen this spring, now that I actually have some idea of what I'm doing!! Its all part of the plan to become a self sufficient hippie! Next stop... Chooks!

1 comment:

wen said...

still sounds weird to me: February and heatwave ; in one sentence. Here in the lowlands we had snow around that time (:

but must say, im impressed those plants r really sturdy. next stop your own veggie stall @ the farmers market?

toddler swimming again today with our adhd teacher, so we're both dead tired.... but it was really good