Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why I think Bubba-chino's are ridiculous...

OK, off on a Rant now...

I remember the first time I heard of a Bubba-chino, I was working in a cafe and someone ordered one and I had to ask them what it was...

"An Espresso cup with some foam and chocolate on top so the child can feel involved."

I looked at them with a look that I hope said what I didn't actually say out loud;

"Are you serious?"

JA and I went out for a fancy pants Devonshire tea today... (oh posh!) and on the next table were a family with two small children. The two year old was not concentrating on his Bubba-chino (in fact I think he and Little Miss were having some kind of secret toddler language thing going on) and spilled it, on himself, Hot Milk. Who the hell gives a two year old a hot drink??? This is after Little Miss had spilled her (Cold) milk three times and this was after the waiter had had the good sense to put it in a paper take-away cup with a lid on!

Get it people... Kids don't need to drink substitute coffee to feel included!!! Give them a Kids drink and if you want them to feel included... Talk to them!!!

Mind you they were probably thinking I was a bad Mum when Little Miss got her hands on the Jam and Cream pots and started eating them straight...

1 comment:

wen said...

would have loved to be there (: Nina would have done the same as little miss. she also drinks cold herbal (kids) tea, lots of people suprised that she doesn't get candy with E-numbers or Coca Cola (are they insane?????). she did decorate my mothers day cake, and suprisingly there was some 100's&1000's on it (not all of it ended up in her tum)
have a good one