Monday, May 25, 2009

Lovely Linda...

Ive not long finished Linda Jaivin's A most immoral woman. I love Linda, she's such a spunk, I fist discovered her about 10 years ago when she was doing a reading at an Express Media Spoken word event (same one that I discovered another favourite book, Even cowgirls get the blues, and my Ex-best friends duo performed at it too... man that was a big day!) I loved her on sight (at the time she had blue dreadlocked pigtails... who could not love her!!!) and I have to say Eat Me has got to be the most erotic book I have ever read (ohhh that supermarket scene!) I also love Rock and Roll babes from outerspace just coz it's such a cool concept!!!

A most immoral woman is a Historical romance and quite a departure from her previous work (Comedy/Erotica/non-fiction about China) though I guess it does still have that Chinese theme running through it, and I guess it could be considered erotic in places. I'd love to get her in to speak at the library... hmmm must look into that!
Warning! Blow my own trumpet moment... Last year I made to suggestions to add to the standing orders list of Authors at the library, Linda being one and Christos Tsiolkas being the other, and both have released books in the last 12 months which have been really popular... Jeez I'm great!!!
P.S. If you do nothing else, check out the chapter titles in a most immoral woman!

No comments: