Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shhhhhh....

So this crazy old lady came up to me in the library yesterday to tell me she felt I was speaking too loudly and to quote her "all ha ha ha like" and that she didn't feel it was appropriate conduct for working in the library... WTF!

I wish I had've made some comment along the lines of "well I'm sorry if my joyfull attitude to life offends you!" but of course I was too shocked to actually be able to say very much at all...

Library Jo reckons she will probably get a letter as this is the same lady who wrote to complain that storytime was too loud as well!!! Stay tuned, I will try to steal a copy of the letter for your reading pleasure!!

1 comment:

wen said...

ha ha we get them too! told him if he doesn;t like it, he has to go and get his tea somewhere else since he never borrows a book. that shut him up. now i only need to give him the evil stare and he's quiet (he was so loud we could not here the person standing in front of us talking, and then he had the nerve to complain about US!! grrrrrrrrfff)
we do get some people who complain about story time or the kiddies music time, well though: then just come an hour later to the library. it's clearly signposted when it is, so if you don't like it don't come. (:
but some people always feel the need to complain. and it's good that kiddies get read to enthousiastically! that nurtures their love for books and reading (ha the ha ha)
#well that was my rant....