Monday, May 11, 2009

Mummy!

I have always had a bit of a thing about Mothers day and how it really shouldn't be necessary blah, blah blah... I am very close to my mother and often buy her things I think she would like just because I saw them (this used to happen more when I worked in retail, now I just borrow stuff for her from the library!) In fact I gave her a present this Saturday night... wrapped in Merry Christmas paper... And said "Happy Birthday"! All to disguise the fact that I had actually bought her a Mothers Day present!!!

But of course my rants do often turn around to bite me on the bum, especially when the shoe is on the other foot and now that I am a Mum I gotta say I love a bit of acknowledgement (and that's all I would ever want... though I will admit I do love a good present from time to time!!!)

It was so cute... Coffee and Breakfast brought up to me in bed! (Breakfast consisting of a freaky looking smiley faced bickie that Little Miss had picked out at the bakery) along with a rehearsed "Happy Mothers Day Mummy, I Love You" which went out the window as we were so focused on this bickie which she immediately picked up and ate the Raspberry lolly nose off then spat out because she didn't like it!

She is a chip off the old block!

Ive actually got a Mummy week off this week! The Boy and I are off to
Wilson's Promontory today for a 4 day hike. (yeah yeah, I know, I'm up the duff and I'm being careful and all that!) I am so looking forward to it as it's years since Ive done any major hiking and I've been so bored with life lately that I just want to get out and be somewhere different! Look out for photo's next week!

No comments: