Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Long time... for me

Well hey there folks, It's been a while, for me anyway!

I'd love to be one of those bloggers who writes a post everyday and is all good and stuff... and hey it's not like I haven't had a lot going on to write about either, it's just my brain is such a full fuzzball at the moment that not a lot is getting done.

I finish work tomorrow and was hoping that would clear out some of the junk in there, but now it's got all filled up again with new stuff.

You see on Friday I went to my obstetrician (here by known as "Doc") for just a regular routine appointment and told him I was feeling pains and a bit weird and all that, so he sent me up to the hospital to go on the monitor for a while 'to put my mind at ease.' Well we discovered a whole new problem that hadn't been detected before. Seems my baby has an irregular heartbeat. So into panic stations, you see after what happened with my last pregnancy Doc is being extra protective and cautious. So he gets me in for an emergency Ultrasound (which he had to beg for), Instructs me not to eat or drink anything in case this baby has to come out today... Man, that would have been a really inconvenient day for me to have a baby!!! So the U/S showed that although the heartbeat is irregular, the heart itself is fine, which alleviated the initial panic, but still had to go back to the Doc yesterday for a steroid shot in case baby needs to come out early. Almost defiantly by Caesar which is OK but the recovery is what scares me. So now I am instructed to "take it easy"... yeah right! and have another U/S on Friday... and again no food or drink in case it has to come out then!

Geez nothing is ever simple in my life... and out of three births, not one is even remotely textbook!!!

So now it's just a bit of wait and see, Lets get through tomorrow, get rid of work, this so called "take it easy" business, then whatever happens, happens and when Bubba-ista is born, well then we'll see whats next!

1 comment:

wen said...

aah alli, it never goes to plan ...
luckily the little one's heart is ok. just DO take it easy! it's hard but you really need to try xxx