Wednesday, September 23, 2009

try not to be distracted by the bump...

Check out my latest knitted creation...

pink and purple striped fingerless gloves/arm warmers... (sorry 'bout the crap photo!)
pity they are too hot now that spring it here!! Here is me wearing them to knit my current project... its a handle for my granny style shopping trolley which I have painted with flames and am lining with leopard skin fake fur!

Pics to follow...

If you want to make the gloves they are peasy;

I used 4.5 mm needles and some “Sean Sheep” wool that I just bought from big W coz the label said it was good for felting (it’s 70% wool/30% Soybean)

CO 20 (or however many it takes to go round your arm... remembering if you’re going to felt it it will shrink a bit)

St st for however long you want them to be (I did it for 144 rows all up because I wanted them to go right up to my elbow)

You can do the stripes however you fancy (or not), mine were 8 rows of each colour.

To make the thumb hole is the only vaguely tricky bit;

On row 117: K 10 then C/O 6 then knit to end (when you do the other hand it’s the opposite eg. K 4, C/O 6 then K to end)

Keep going in St st until long enough to go up to your knuckles (if thats what you want, you might just want them to where youre fingers start... again, up to you!)

When they are as long as you want, C/O then stitch up the sides.

I felted these ones just coz I like felting!

As you can see, these are a pretty straight forward project that you can easily adapt to your own style... just have a play and remember... you can always unravel it!!!

No comments: