Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I have come to the end of the Webolution... or is it just the beginning?

For the last of the learning activities I had to complete (remember I skipped ahead to some) Ive been playing with some of the web 2.0 applications mentioned in the awards list.
I found some great stuff, even it was very US based, (there are a lot of Australian things that are just as good e.g. realestate.com.au etc,) And I was also surprised by how many of these things I was already familiar with/use in my everyday life, I just had never put two and web 2.o together!

Here are some of the new things I discovered;

comiqs - where you can make up your own comic... watch this space for that one!

Hairmixer - where you can see what you would look like with different hairstyles.

Vufind - a bit like libraries Australia, kind of searches library catalogues all over the US.

Biblio.com - for searching secondhand and out of print books, also has an Aus/NZ setting and will alert you if a book your searching for comes onto their database.

Lulu - for self publishing, maybe I should get onto that book!

I'm sure there is or soon will be a sort of Yellowpages type of directory of all these types of web 2.0 applications to make it nice and easy to find them!

Well that's the end... or just the start of my webolutionary journey, it's been great! I have learned a lot and also got around to doing a lot of things I have been meaning to do for ages, and the best bit is, I have found it's not all that hard!

Thanks Katie D for putting the program together. Bring on the Party!!!

No comments: