Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scratching at the surface...

The other book I have just finished was Jenna Wogiarich(of Cold Antler Farm fame)'s Made from scratch: discovering the pleasure of a handmade life. I loved it, it's such a gorgeous little book. It made me very jealous! she's living this wonderful simple life at home, contrasting that with being a 9-5er. Most of the practical info was not really relevant to me as it was very U.S. based, but the stories were lovely. It was kind of weird reading about going sledding with her snow dogs when it's supposed to get up to 43 degrees here for the second day in a row!!! (the poor veggies are not coping!) And I don't think there is a risk of a bear getting into the Beehive if we ever have one! I want to move back to the country and be a hippy with some chooks and a cow, and the older I get, the more appealing it is. In fact I would go and do it now If I didn't love my job so much!!! Curse being happy at work!

No comments: