Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Meet the (bay)beasts...

I am loving exploring the world of blogging, Ive added another to my bloglist; BayBeasts. It's the blog of a woman I used to work with at the big scary bookstore! I haven't seen her for years but found her on facebook. I saw that she and her partner have had two kids, I was interested in the logistics of the situation given that they are both lovely ladies, but didn't think it was a politically correct question to ask an old acquaintance, no matter how cool she may be!

She listed one of her hobbies as blogging so I used my superior librarian-y skills to have bit of an explore. Turns out there is a lot more to the story than I first realised, they struggled for a long time with infertility and had to resort to IVF on top of the drama's of the whole having a donor sperm situation. I've been reading the blog backwards (for a blog, which actually means I'm reading it chronologically!). I'm finding the whole story fascinating, I think they should write a book about their experiences.


I hope everyone will continue with their blogs after the webolution is over, I know I will, I'm finding the experience really rewarding, thanks for the push Miss Katie D!

No comments: