Monday, January 24, 2011

The good stuff...

OK so the last post talked about the trash I've been watching/reading... and that's not all that I'm about so here's some recent highlights I might mention in polite company...

The Hedgehog based on The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery (recommended to me by one of my more influential and serendipitous if not absent friends A.)

The No. 1 Ladies detective agency on DVD recommended by Library Jo based on the novels by Alexander McCall Smith (which I've always meant to read and never got around to!)

Fall Girl by Toni Jorden (Author of Addition) which brought to mind another of my favourite books Honk if you are Jesus by Peter Goldsworthy but that might just be the Tasmanian Tiger connection

Just Kids by Patti Smith which I am amazed at myself it took me so long to get around to reading considering I love both Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe.

No comments: