Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Past Embarrasments...

What was the first album you got/bought?

Mine are actually OK... first one I got was Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, first one I bought was Madonna's Like a Virgin (both on tape of course!) Both classic albums... how boring is that! The answer to that question is supposed to heed much embarrasment! So here are a few gems from my childhood should have remain forgotten, except for the fact I have no (well very little anyway) Shame!

I was in trouble once and my mum took this one off me as a punishment... she should have kept it!


How embarrassing is this one? the fact that I owned it or that it was even produced in the first place! The standout track was "Eat your heart out Rick Springfield" which took me a while to figure out was a response to "Jesse's Girl" even though it wasn't actually sung by Jesse "The Body" Ventura! In researching this I found it's even got it's own
Wikipedia entry!!


Now here's one that I really should be embarrassed about but am not, it's also what inspired this post! Neils heavy concept album was mentioned on RRR the other day... Yep Neil from the Young Ones, my favourite program as a kid (still up there!), harmless fun really but freaked out my Granny when we went to stay there (mind you the episode we watched there was Sick!). I bet I could even dig up this one if I needed too (also on tape mind you!)

And speaking of the Young Ones, for your viewing pleasure...

2 comments:

Hawm said...

Rick: "I still think locking girls up in a trunk is politically
unsound."
Mike: "It's only a song, Rick."
Neil: "Well, I feel sorry for the elephants."

First record I ever bought was Joe Dolce: Shut Uppa You Face. There may have been a Bananarama album in there as well.

Anonymous said...

first album i bought was coldplay parachutes bought from jb hifi in parramatta nsw. such angsty times xMM