Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pink bits!

Today was the first time I saw Pinks new video for Fuckin' Perfect. I love Pink, I think she has a great message, be yourself, you don't have to act like a slut and you can be sexy and intelligent at the same time. Highlights include at the end of the Stupid Girls film clip when the little girl picks the sports equipment and educational toys over the girly stuff, her song Don't let me get me and the lyric "all my underdogs" in Raise your glass (even though I couldn't figure out if it was Artichokes or Isotopes for a while there!)

This clip really moved me, I found myself in tears by the end and that's saying something given that I'm not even pre-menstral.

It made me so glad that I have daughters. I always though I would have one boy and that would be it, then I end up with two girls! I makes me think of something that JA said to me a while back about how she was glad that I had a daughter that I could pass my coolness onto. I hope so. I hope I can bring them up to be strong enough to be who they are, not to feel they need to conform to any kind of mould society may throw at them.

It also made me think of something else that moved me recently. I saw some pictures on facebook of the the girl who was the most pretty and popular girl at my school, she was one year below me and she was an absolute Barbie doll... she was 'Perfect'. She looks hideous now, she's had problems with drugs and she looks totally rexy, maybe feeling the pressure to still remain that perfect person? I don't know if she's ever left the ol' home town? I don't really know that much about her to be honest. It made me happy for a few seconds, but then it just made me really really sad.

This I want to say to the world... Girls... HIGH SCHOOL DOES NOT MATTER! It's only a few years and you can survive it! The most beautiful people in high school, well that's their peak... how sad is that!

No comments: