Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Faithfully yours...

The first in the series of... Chicks I think are great.

Marianne Faithfull

I cant remember when I first learned about her, but I was always on the Stones side when it come to the Beatles vs. Stones question. (5 days left to vote don't you know!) It was probably in the Stones doco I watched a million times, or in the Blown Away book about Altamont that Marianne contributed to, I knew of her music, well probably only Lucy Jordan and As tears go by.

Her Autobiography Faithfull just blew me away (it's one of my top 5 reads by the way.) it was so raw, yet so elegant. I fell in love with her and Imediatly went out and bought Broken English. I think it could have been the first time I heard the C word. I loved it! There is a great doco about her called Dreaming my dreams, and I also recomend the Kissin time album, which contains my absolute favourite of her songs, Sliding through life on charm.


She also has had some great acting gigs, such as playing God on AbFab (to Anita Pallenberg's devil!) or in Marie Antionette (Marianne is actually decended from Austro-Hungarian aristocracy). But her greatest filmatic acheivement would have to be the mega-sexy Girl on a motorcycle... Ohhhh that jumpsuit!

She recently published a second book titled Memories, dreams & reflections which was still great, but certinaly did not have the life changing impact of Faithfull.

I hate the word surviviour so I am not going to use it, but she is fabulous, and to quote Keith Richards, has "a great pair"!


Click here to visit her official website
http://www.mariannefaithfull.org.uk/NEWS.HTML

3 comments:

wosemarywebolutionary said...

hey Allison..I am lazy and would like to be RRS fed from your blog..how do I do that?

Wosemary

wosemarywebolutionary said...

i meant RSS feed..not RRS feed..what would RRS feed stand for..in fact what does RSS stand for..Katie will know!!

HotRodLibrarian said...

I'm not sure yet wosemary, I have only just finished task 3, RSS feeds is next though so can I let you know next week!