Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This week I have been watching...

Secret diary of a Call girl with Billie Piper which is apparently based on the Belle De Jour "memoir". Yes although I have atrocious spelling and grammar, I did mean to write "memoir", maybe it should even be "memoir". You see, although it was an OK book, I think it is most definitely fiction and not be at all surprised if I found out it was actually written by a man. despite this, I have requested my library purchase Further adventures of a London Call girl, this may make me a hypocrite... But I do love a good trashy read.

But back to the T.V. show (which I bought on DVD because 10.30 is way past my bedtime at the moment!!!). When it says based on, it could also say "loosely suggested by" as it doesn't bare a lot of resemblance to the book beyond the first episode. But I have to say, I am liking it, I like how it's constructed and how it shows a duality between the character of Belle/Hannah (something you don't get in the book) and well, sometimes it's just plain saucy... It's probably the closest thing for me to replace Sex and the City. And yes you do get to see Billie Pipers tit's, they are quite small...

No comments: