Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Coming out of the chicklit closet

This week I'm reading...
Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger.

Why do I keep doing this to myself? For someone who claims to read mostly non-fiction, I certainly read an exorbitantly high proportion of 'chicklit'. Yet like 95% of the fiction I have read, this one has left me unfulfilled.


I enjoyed The devil wears Prada, probably because, for once it wasn't centred around romantic relationships and was not all rosy and happy. I don't mind the occasional good trashy read, but this one... oh please... the characters are boring and the lifestyles unrealistic, its like she watched one too many episodes of Sex and the city, but forgot about the comedy! (by the way I love S+TC and that was not meant to sound like I was trashing it!)

I even managed to find several mistakes in it, (which for someone with spelling as atrocious as mine is really saying something!) the most offensive of which, "Shirley Basset" oh my god... it makes Shirley Bassey sound like a dog!!!

I don't recommend this book!

No comments: