Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gettin' Fresh

I've come across a few articles recently on web OPAC's and how crap they generally are! I guess this is one area that our Library/Web 2.0 knowledge could really be utilised.

It would be great if a patron could click on an item in our web OPAC and be taken to reviews of the item (such as the Chili fresh thing that some UK libraries use). and it could also go the other way, items mentioned in the library Blogs, wiki's, website and our new E-newsletter could be linked directly back to the catalogue with a kind of 'like the sound of this item? click here to reserve it!' type of thing.

Here is an article I enjoyed about OPAC's that I came across while doing the reading for the week 6 activity on Technorati called
"is your OPAC fun?".

I also found a funny blog called the
"Swiss Army Librarian" Click here to see what he has to say about Chili Fresh.

No comments: